- Which kinds of requirements of the target system must be avaible for using FLASHit ?
The target system must have a serial interface (ASC0) sheet.gif
- How is it possible to predefine that FLASHit will use COM2 and the file “turbo.hex for uploading?
By using the comandline option: FLASHIT COM=2 HEXFILE=turbo.hex
- For addressing FLASH-memory an external decoder is used. FLASHit does not find the memory. Where is the problem?
By using external decoders the Autodetect-Mode of FLASHit does not work. Help: The busmode (BUSCON0+ SYSYCON) can be set manually.
- The uploading HEX-file is about 100 kByte but FLASHit uploads only 49 kByte. Where is the remainder?
The HEX-file (Intel-HEX-File) does not only content data like a binary file. It contents further information like addresses and checksums which are not to prgrammed into FLASH memories.
- Is it possible to program binary-files with FLASHit?
The binary-file must be converted into a Intel-HEX-file beforehand (e.g. with “Bin2Hex)
- Is it possible to erase a protectet-sector with FLASHit?
No. The only reason is a question of security.
- Why does download 115,2 kBaud not work?
It is a question of the x-tal which is used
- Is it possible to use non supported FLASH types?
If the used FLASH-type is compatible with AMD-FLASH only the sector functions cannot be used.
Please tell us which kind of FLASH you want to use. We will build it in as quickly as possible.
- Is it possible to erase a sector via commandline option?
Yes, with the command “AutoEraseSec=0x018000”
- How long does the upload of 128 kBytes need?
The upload of 128 kByte data (e.g. 300 kByte Intel-Hex) needs about 18 s inclusive earasing of the FLASH ( P4-1,6GHz, 115KBaud, 16bit Bus, AMD29F200).
- My USB-RS232-Adapter does not work with FLASHit.
Let FLASHit work in a low program priority. So the driver of the adapter will get more process time (Menue Setup -> Program priority -> low].